The project is coming up nicely. For now I posted a simple video on youtube of the games integrated tutorial. Take a look, choose HD.
In the tut ship control is simulated via script. That makes it possible to add AI control to player ship - fake coop. I'm thinking about including it. What do you think? Now for some info about the game itself and the project: The base coding is mostly done.
- Game mechanics for 1 or 2 players
- Controls for two independent players on KB or Gamepad.
- Main menu functions. Options screen, ship choosing, scoreboard etc.
- HUD design and logic.
- Player and enemy states and logic.
- Saving data to disk and of options to registry.
- Etc. I will update with my progress, and share some interesting tricks when I start getting closer to real builds.